How do I request an amendment to the CCSD Schedule?
Depending on the type of amendment you would like to make to the CCSD Schedule, there is a set of requirements that your code request should meet before it can be considered by the CCSD Working Group:
1) A new procedure code request will only be reviewed if it meets one of the following requirements
- The amendment request relates to a new technology or a substantial variation on an existing procedure or technology
- There is no existing code that adequately describes the procedure
- The technology or procedure constitutes a discrete and identifiable service that can be coded and described with reference to the existing framework or schedule and requires specialist input
2) A reinstatement request will only be reviewed if it meets one of the following requirements
- The inactivated code can be found when ticking inactivated codes during your search in the CCSD Schedule
- You must clearly state why you cannot use the existing codes
3) A narrative change request will only be reviewed if it meets the following requirement
- It will redefine the procedural code into a more specific description
4) The inactivation of a procedural code request will only be reviewed if it meets the following requirement
- The reasons for the inactivation of procedure code are clearly defined and you have identified which existing or new codes will replace the code.